Quality General Dentistry at Greene & Wood Family Dentistry
One of the Best Dentists in Manhattan Beach, California
Here at Greene & Wood, your general dentist in Manhattan Beach, CA., we proudly provide quality dental care and are committed to providing the best patient care and service around. Our dental team is here to help every step of the way to create the best and most unique patient experience around. We want to exceed our patients’ expectations.
What is a general dentist?
A general dentist is a primary dental care provider. The priority of a general dentist is the prevention of disease. The majority of dental procedures are either diagnosing issues or preventing them. General dentists diagnose, treat, and manage overall oral health care needs, including gum care, root canals, fillings, crowns, veneers, bridges, and preventive education.
By emphasizing oral health and hygiene, general dentists help people avoid oral disease progression. If issues are left untreated, they can eventually result in pain, lost time at work or school, and lost money, as many procedures are pretty expensive. Read more here.
What do general dentists do?
General dentists provide dental care to patients of all ages. When you visit your general dentist, you have a thorough examination of your mouth, teeth, and gums. Afterward, you benefit from a professional cleaning by our friendly staff and a discussion about optimizing your dental health. Click here to learn more.
Suppose your exam reveals tooth decay. In that case, your dentist will clean out any issues and fill in the affected tooth with a composite resin. While quite common, these services are just a small example of what your general dentist provides. Read below for the services a general dentist usually offers.
- Preventive services — Maintaining good oral health by stopping disease before it takes hold in your mouth is essential in general dentistry. Regular diagnostic exams, x-rays, and professional teeth cleanings are a cornerstone of prevention. Your general dentist gives you detailed instructions to improve your at-home oral hygiene and also recommends preventive treatments such as sealants if needed. And if you lead an active lifestyle, your dentist can fit you with a custom-made mouthguard at the dental practice.
- Restorative Services — If a problem is found, your dentist will ensure you get timely and appropriate treatment. A dental restoration involves removing tooth decay and filling in the affected tooth for ultimate protection. General dentists also provide a place to go when you need prompt treatment for dental trauma. If you happen to have an accident that affects your mouth, a general dentist will diagnose and treat the causes of tooth pain. They can offer treatments for missing teeth by placing crowns, bridgework and getting you fitted with dentures. Some dentists even provide advanced therapies, such as root canal therapy, orthodontics, and dental implants.
- Cosmetic Dentistry — Many general dentists offer cosmetic dentistry services to help you get a sparkling, perfected smile. Procedures include teeth whitening, cosmetic bonding, porcelain veneers, and more. If a brighter, whiter smile is what you’re looking for, ask about a smile makeover.
- Overall Health — Oral health often mirrors your general health. There are dental problems that can reflect issues in other parts of your body and vice versa. For example, untreated oral infections can increase the incidence of cardiovascular disease, premature birth during pregnancy, and poor control of diabetes.
- Nutritional Counseling — General dentists can also offer health and wellness information and advice on cutting out tobacco.
Dental Treatments Provided at Greene & Wood Family Dentistry
Dr. Greene and Dr. Wood have invested time into years of dental school, resources, advanced training and continuing education to offer our valued patients a wide range of services. Some of the services that we specifically provide are:
- Air Abrasion Dentistry
- Dental Bridge
- Dental Cleanings
- Dental Crowns
- Dental Crowns with Cerec
- Digital Impressions
- Enamel Shaping
- Fluoride Treatments
- Lingual Frenectomy
- Mercury Safe and Mercury Free
- Occlusal Disease Treatment
- Sleep Apnea
- Tooth-Colored Fillings
How Can Greene & Wood Family Dentistry Help?
We provide high quality dental care and are committed to helping each patient make informed decisions about their oral health. We are located in Manhattan Beach, California, and find great value in serving our community. Each member of our staff cares for every person that walks through our door. We pride ourselves on treating each patient as a member of our own family.
If you live in or near Manhattan Beach, California, please consider becoming part of our dental family. We love listening to your concerns and helping you with your oral health needs. You can give us a call at (310) 318-7678 or send us a quick email to set up a free consultation.